Friday, January 20, 2012

Nachos and Sangria


Much like punk, and disco, and Elvis, this blog never died. It was hiding in a secret volcano island lair. Last year, when I was still working at Weaver Street, I realized that we pretty much always had the ingredients to make nachos readily available. After making awesome nachos at work a couple of times, I took it home, and we had several meals of awesome nachos. Tonight I made some more.
Nachos are one of those things that people get out a lot, but (at least in my experience) don't make at home that often. It's pretty dang easy, and super awesome. Tortilla chips, some grated cheddar, more chips, some tomatoes, onions, beans, meat (if you're so inclined), jalapeƱos, more cheese, (I also threw some queso fresco on) bake ten minutes at 350, BOOM. Garnish with cilantro, hot sauce, sour cream, etc. Tonight we skipped the meat and sour cream, partly because we didn't have either, partly because we're watching our figures. They were still wicked good. Also we had sangria. Cheap red wine, bit of brandy, oranges, lime, lemon, pineapple, apple. Delish. Check it out.

No comments: