Friday, July 23, 2010

simple breakfast in bed, or battle blogging 2: the blogening

Well, I had to get back into the bed to eat, but at Erin's that's pretty much where we hang out all the time anyway.
This morning I made us a delicious little breakfast. I knew we had eggs, but I also knew there wasn't much else. After I did some rummaging, I managed to find a lot of things I had either forgotten about or didn't know were there in the first place. There were some cippolini onions we had gotten from work a while ago languishing in the crisper, as well as a can of new potatoes in the pantry, so there's your homefries right there. I would have loved to have a pepper, and there were a couple of baby bell peppers in the fridge, but they were just on the other side of me wanting to use them. Also tossed out what cheese we had left, as it was so little that trimming it would have taken it to nothing. So, hey, cleaned out the fridge a little while I was at it! Look at me, all productive at like 9:30 in the morning like a dang adult!
Then I found the remnants of a pack of raspberries I had scored, and some yogurts Erin had brought home. Fruit and yogurt! I put the berries in the bottom of the yogurt, like buried treasure! Also we had some AWESOME tomatoes from the neighbors' garden. Tomato slices. Booyah. Breakfast.
SauteÄ—d the onions (cippolinis are fun to peel, boy, let me tell you) and potatoes with some garlic, salt, pepper, dried parsley (desperately trying to get some of the added color peppers would have given me) and some Tony's (it really is good on just about everything). Then I fried two eggs for each of us. I think my relationship with frying eggs might be improving. For so long I have struggled with it. For whatever reason, I have found it stressful and difficult to simply fry eggs. Scrambled, I've got it covered. I just want them to be so perfect when I fry them that I usually end up either overcooking them or breaking the yolks. I think I might be finding my center on this one, finally. Just relaxing a little bit I think is the key.
Anyway, the eggs turned out just about right, only one broken yolk! Bada bing, bada boom, bada breakfast!

2 comments:

Kaitlin said...

the theme of this blog is turning into i am trashy and don't cook, and you are a genius.

I LOVE IT.

samtron77e said...

sweet yogurt pics